Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sometimes You Need a Break...

Proverbs 23:18

"There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."

I had an amazing 2014. I took trips, spent tons of time with wonderful people, and ran A LOT. I didn't hit all of my goals while racing, but I made many memories and learned a lot through the good and bad times. I hit a mileage high for many weeks during my summer/fall training...85 miles! I managed to still run over 2,000 miles through out the year; even with my spring setback. I had some amazing workouts that I didn't know I was capable of; and some that I struggled to finish. God got me through every good day and every bad day, whether it was during training or just life in general. 
I also learned that sometimes you have to take a step back from training. During my November half marathon, I started to feel some major hip pain. Of course, I finished the race when I probably shouldn't have, and after taking a 5 day break, the pain was still pretty intense when I ran. Finally, I decided to see someone about it and the pain is slowly going away, but manages to pop back up randomly. After praying (A LOT) about healing and continuing to run, I feel like God is telling me my body needs a good rest. God created us to do amazing things with our bodies. I've realized that to keep my body strong and healthy, I have to take better care of it. I know that running is a gift I've been blessed with, but I can't take this gift for granted. I've also been blessed with the ability to take care of myself and make decisions based on my future. I know God has a plan, and I trust Him. He knows what He is doing and I shouldn't worry. This is not the end, it is just time for a new beginning and a fresh start. In the meantime, I will be able to focus on my new job working with students! I am nervous, but once again I know it is not my plan or my will, it is God's will for me. 
I wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope your new beginnings bring you much happiness! Remember, God has a plan for all of us and we must let Him guide us. God is Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment